If you’ve been driving around in Edmonton, chances are you’ve seen some roadside signs advertising companies that buy houses fast and for cash. Often times they say things like “We Buy Houses in Edmonton!” or “Cash For Your Edmonton House”. Or maybe you have even Googled, “Home Buying Companies Near Me”. Either way, if you’ve ever asked yourself, “Are these home buying companies legitimate and trustworthy?”, this article will help you figure that out.
Are These “We Buy Houses in Edmonton Companies” Credible?
So, you might be asking yourself, how do I know if the local house buying companies out there are honest and credible?
Well…they may all look the similar in the beginning, but digging further will likely reveal some differences. Read on and below we’ll walk you through some things to look for in a local Edmonton house buying company before deciding whether or not you should work with them.
Edmonton We Buy Houses companies fill a need in the market
Buying and selling houses is a valid and respectable profession that can help Edmonton neighborhoods, communities and house sellers in many ways. But just like any other line of work – its typically a minority of house buyers in any market that are the ones who make the rest look bad and grab the headlines.
Most of these companies are really wonderful, ethical people who improve their cities by improving neighborhoods one property at a time.
But then there’s the less honest people and outfits who lack integrity and will put money ahead of the well being of their clients. These are the type of people who would be knowingly untruthful or unethical in their dealings just so they could close a deal. Yes, there are companies out there like this. And these outliers are the Edmonton cash house buyers that the media profiles. The problem is, they appear eager to paint every other company in the same line of work with the same brush.
But we’ll help you avoid these “shady house buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies like SUNRISE HOME BUYERS who can buy your house for a fair all cash offer and close on your timetable.
But let’s not focus on the negative – at least not yet.
First, let’s cover how the above average, “We Buy Edmonton Homes” cash home buyers operate.
What Reputable Edmonton House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping home owners improve their lives by accessing the money they need right away. People often need the cash in their house to cover unexpected medical expenses, clear up consumer debts, or to relocate to be close to a relative. We can make that happen in just a few days, and we deliver peace of mind.
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having to fix, clean up and then list it with a broker and wait potentially several months for a sale.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, loan officers, administrators and many other folks along the way. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish! Amazing isn’t it? Our investments help create real jobs for people around Edmonton Alberta.
- Buying local products & using local services. We try to purchase materials that are made right here in Canada – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The Canadian economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from folks like us.
- Increasing the value of Edmonton neighborhoods. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. We often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. This type of venture strengthens Edmonton communities, creating a sense of pride.
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Services Cash House Buyers in Edmonton Are Performing
Lots of people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. That’s fueled by silly HGTV “reality” shows that amp up the drama and the numbers to try and attract more viewers. BUt honnestly, the reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring.
Most of our work is coordinating with lots of different skilled people to make sure tasks are done properly and happening on time. We have to keep track of many moving parts.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Make Sure You’re Working With A Reputable Edmonton House Buyer
When you talk with a local Edmonton house buyer to potentially buy your house… ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and display integrity.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- How exactly do you help people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few marginal operators tend to use.
- Using professionals….or amateurs? – When working together with a We Buy Houses Edmonton company, verify that the different roles in the process are filled with people who demonstrate experience, confidence and competence! Most reputable house buying services will enlist the help of well-qualified realtors and lawyers. Feel free to ask for references. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. The pressure of the “limited time offer” is one way to spot a potentially shady company. Most reputable house buying services will make you and offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house buying services like Sunrise Home Buyers do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area. Also sometimes we might buy multiple houses in a short period and that affects our resources. So when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for several days so if you do want to sell your house, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
True investors who run honest and ethical Edmonton house buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “We Buy Houses in Edmonton companies“… never be afraid to ask questions! We welcome the opportunity to start a conversation about helping you develop solution to your real estate woes.
If you’re interested in learning more about cash house buyers in Edmonton, please read some of our other blog posts, Who Are These Edmonton Cash House Buyers Anyway? AND 4 Reasons Why It’s Better To Sell Your House In Edmonton Directly vs. Hiring A Real Estate Agent. We go over how someone might sell a home in Edmonton quickly and we also go into greater depth regarding our home buying process.